Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why it is green here

Hello everyone, it's Daniel here again.  So Molly and I went into Chicago for a fun trip on Labor Day and we were surprised at how green it still is there, even though it is the tail end of the summer.  What could have caused this to happen?  California stops being green around March 19, so we figured that everything here would be brown and gross.  Not so--and now we know why.

It has been raining nonstop all day--cats and dogs raining.  Raining like the clouds all sprung leaks big enough to sink the Titanic in a heartbeat.  Raining fit to flood the pot-holed streets.  Raining so hard that reading "An Atlas of the Holy Land" is literally being prescribed by doctors as a cure for insomnia.  In short, I'm expecting Noah to float by any minute.  And as further proof that we are no longer in California, no Trinity students are running frantically around campus, as Biola students (ourselves included) were likely to do every time a good downpour showed up.

Life is starting to feel a little bit more settled for us.  Molly is getting more used to her job.  Her boss told her yesterday that she is "way ahead" of any other employee who has come in with the same amount of experience.  I'm so proud of her!  My classes are going well.  I dropped my Evangelism class in favor of a Missions class.  I'm going to tackle it next semester instead. Other than that, I'm just trying to adjust to the VERY long lectures.  My Old Testament class goes from 7:30-10:50 on Wednesday mornings--gross!  The professors are good though, and I'm slowly getting used to doing lots and lots of reading (my OT class has something like 1,500 ages this semester, which seems like a lot for one class!)

We are starting to make some friends--the people here are all very friendly.  We've done a couple dinners with people in our apartment complex and had a great time getting to know those couples who are in a similar situation as us in this new place.  It's good to know we're not alone.

Well this is getting a bit long.  I hope that you all are doing well.  Keep praying for us as we adjust to this new area.  I think that our emotions especially are on edge as we adjust to everything from new streets to new faces out here.  Below are some pictures from our trip to Chicago--enjoy!




1 comment:

Hazino said...

It's DAR. It's great to hear that you are getting settled in. Life for us have been quite busy, and we are also getting settled in. Noah is now 2 months old and completely adorable (except for when he's screeming, in which case he's still cute but not adorable). I'll keep checking back if you keep writing. Check Noah out @ http://girlwithgreencard.blogspot.com