Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Snow

Just thought I'd write to say that we had our first snow last night.  It wasn't much, but it did cover the ground in white and make us feel like we really live in the Midwest now.  Also we discovered that it's possible to slip on ice even in mid November--I came really close to losing a whole cup of coffee in a parking lost last night!  It apparently dropped to 20 degrees last night, but our house stayed warm even though we didn't turn on the heat at all.  This is further evidence that we are placed right about the furnace room--I hate to think about what it's going to feel like once they turn the heat on "overdrive" to keep the pipes from freezing this winter!  We have several friends who have mentioned they keep their windows open at night, which sounds crazy until you realize that its possible to be hot even with your apartment's heat turned off . . .

Anyways, that's about all I have to say now.  I'm procrastinating on my Greek homework.  We leave a week from today to go to Boise for Thanksgiving--yippee!  Bye for now . . .

No comments: